From a conversation with BH (4 June 2001):
- "Self-evaluation tends to be 180 degrees out."
- "All double-features work." (i.e., the human mind can link any two things; all human thought is either lumping or splitting) (double-features as in movies)
- "There is always scaffolding." (in music, literature, etc.)
- "There are no bimbos."
- "Boredom is a sin."
- "The path to the highest humanity passes through dehumanization." (i.e., reductionism)
- "There is a truth higher than mere accuracy."
- "Inevitably a geezer, never a codger!"
TopicPhilosophy - TopicLife - TopicThinking - Datetag20010818
(correlates: InBalance, EngineeringVersusScience, FascinatingWords, ...)