In mid-2012 Tom Fox of the Washington Post interviewed Getting Things Done coach/writer David Allen. Summarizing that summary "How to clear your inbox, make decisions and generally get things done":
- Capture everything, and ask yourself:
- What does this mean?
- Is this actionable or not?
- What is the outcome that I am committed to?
- Decide, act, and then "... step back, review and reflect on your decisions."
- Use capture tools ("... nothing beats paper and pen — the batteries never run out ..."), as few inboxes as possible, and make decisions sooner rather than later.
Allen's core psychological advice: "When you most need to plan is when you least feel like you have time to do it. When you're feeling most out of control is when you most need to back the world off and stop, sit down and work on your own process."
(cf. Mind Like Water (2011-12-24), Getting Things Done - Summarized (2012-05-14), Mindless Mind (2012-10-06, ...) - ^z - 2014-04-29