In Lunchtime Enlightenment at the end of the chapter "It's Easier Than You Think: Relaxing" Pragito Dove suggests "some simple reminders to help you reinhabit your body and come into a state of relaxation." With each she offers a brief explanation, but as a sucker for lists I like them as they are:
- Slow down every process.
- Schedule regular time for relaxation.
- Use aromatherapy to help you relax.
- Create a stress-free place for yourself at home.
- Bring your awareness to your body.
- Release the tensions you are carrying.
- Try sauntering.
- Find the middle way.
- Don't eat too much; don't eat too little.
- Don't sleep too much; don't sleep less than needed.
- Drop all extremes.
- Try lounging.
- Try smiling gently when you breathe.
- Sit and do nothing for five minutes.
- Leave effort behind.
- Be in the present moment.
OK, there's redundancy there, and maybe some silliness, but nonetheless ...
^z - 2010-10-27