On a first date, beware of certain indications that your partner may be a bit too technological:
- The Astronomer
- "From several light-years away you would look quite a bit younger. But then, so does everybody."
- The Zoologist
- "Scaling by body mass and compared to a shrew or a vole, no, I don't think you're eating too much."
- The Mathematician
- "Your hair reminds me of a theorem I once proved concerning space-filling fractal curves."
- The Engineer
- "The temperature here seems fine to me. But fat is a great insulator, you know."
- The Chemist
- "Your cooking is quite good --- mind if I take a sample back to my lab and run it through the gas chromatograph?"
- The Physicist
- "No, I haven't been waiting long, not compared to the age of the universe."
- The Biologist
- "I like your outfit. It looks like it was designed to maximize the number of copies of your genes that make it into the next generation."
TopicHumor - TopicScience - Datetag20020122
(correlates: MisterChristmas, MyMemberSays, Gross Anatomy, ...)