Unionized Codesigning

How do you read the word UNIONIZED? If you see it as un-ionized then maybe you're a chemist! Isaac Asimov mentioned it in 1965, in an essay that I saw in F&SF magazine. A few days ago I chanced to spy another diagnostic term during a briefing, a potential test for whether somebody is a computer programmer: how do you pronounce this word?


To avoid spoiling it, no answer here — but see [1] vs. [2] if curious. RadRob suggests looking at other hyphenation-algorithm failures to find similar examples, e.g., THERAPIST ....

^z - 2011-01-15